Issue date: 11th May 2020
By order of the Managing Committee until further notice, the following protocol will have effect:
- When the course reopens it will initially be for the sole use of members, only playing a single round of golf pre booked on the BRS system either online or through the Pro shop.
- Tee times are currently spaced at 10 min intervals and booking is limited to members playing either alone or with one person from outside your household in a two ball or with members of the same household in a two, three or four ball. No guests are allowed.
- Play is also limited to members who are not in self isolation and who show no current Covid-19 symptoms.
- No walk-on play is permitted and players who have not pre-booked will not be allowed to play until a proper booking has been made. Players failing to do this will be told to leave the club premises. Failing to be on BRS and teeing off may result in sanctions for any members in the group.
- DISTANCING REGULATIONS ARE PARAMOUNT. Everyone on the course will be expected to distance themselves at least 2m/6ft; this means at all times, from arrival in the car park until departure following play.
- Non-competition play will be used during the initial period of golf being played. Scorecards will be provided outside the Golf Shop for anyone who wants them. Please do not exchange scorecards.
FACILITIES THAT ARE CLOSED OR WITH LIMITED AVAILABILITY
- All Clubhouse facilities will be closed unless mentioned below.
- Golf Shop – access during opening times in accordance with Professional’s social distancing requirements. Also please see www.gcatgolf.com for advance purchase of items.
- ALL practice areas, other than the putting facilities will be CLOSED. Please do not practise on the course.
- Putting facilities will be available solely for use by the person/group next on the tee.
- Trolleys will not be available for hire but members may use their own. Access to the trolley store is available for those with a key.
- Buggies will be available for individual use (or two people if from the same household) subject to prior booking from the professional, who will explain the terms to them on application and when picking up the buggy.
- There will not be any drinking water on the course – members should bring their own water to the Club.
- Cleaning of shoes/equipment must be performed at home. The shoe and pressure cleaner are out of use.
- Members are to remain in their vehicles until 15 minutes before their tee time.
- Staff will monitor arrivals but will not be checking players in, you must be on time or you will forfeit your booked tee time.
- Number of players permitted: will be based on government instruction see general item on booking above.
- Players should arrive ready to play golf. Shoes should be changed in the car park.
- Please park away from members accessing their car or changing shoes.
- When the preceding match is on the tee those immediately following will be permitted to use the practise putting green until they, in turn, advance to the tee.
- All rakes have been removed. Course furniture including ball washers, benches, bins and drinking fountains are not in use. Please do not touch.
- All other removable items have been removed, except for stakes defining areas of the course, which are to be treated as immovable obstructions.
- On course toilet facilities adjacent to the 11th tee will be available. They will be cleaned regularly and are equipped with wipes for members to wipe down surfaces they have touched following use.
- Members are encouraged to carry their own sanitisers.
- Once the preceding group has left the tee those immediately following are then permitted on the tee.
- Players must always abide by the distancing requirements of at least 2m/6ft; while waiting to tee off, walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots.
- Golfers should not to touch stray balls.
- Flags are to stay in the hole AT ALL TIMES, please do not touch the flag poles. Holes are equipped with a PVC pipe/foam placed in to prop up a ball that is in the hole so that all of the ball does not fall well below the surface of the putting green and can be easily retrieved by handling the ball only
- Bells will not be covered as they are part of the safety system during play. Please strike the bell without touching it by using a club.
- Bunkers: members may elect to take a preferred lie within 6 inches of the original spot and not nearer to the hole than that spot and the area cannot be smoothed before placing. Please make best efforts to smooth the sand using a club and/or feet once the shot has been taken.
Following the round all players will be expected to vacate the course and premises immediately. ·