Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Middlesbrough Golf Club is committed to providing an environment that is fully inclusive and free of discrimination, harassment and intimidation for members, employees and visitors alike.
Members and visitors are expected to behave with courtesy and respect for one another and are advised that an acceptable standard of behaviour is expected in all areas of the Club and course at all times. By attending Middlesbrough Golf Club, members and visitors have given their consent to be bound by the standards set in this Code of Conduct which as part of the Bye-Laws is displayed at the Club and on the Club website.
Members and visitors are advised that:
- Any form of discrimination, harassment, abuse or intimidation is regarded as unacceptable behaviour.
- The use of foul, abusive or offensive language has no place at the golf Club and any member heard using such language will be asked to either stop or leave the premises. Should this be a member consistently using bad language after being warned then their conduct will be reported to the Secretary for review under the Club complaints procedure
- Any evidenced taking of illegal substances will incur immediate suspension and loss of membership.
On the course:
All golfers must: (golfers includes caddies)
- Adhere to the R&A rules and any local Club rules that may be in place.
- Avoid slow play, apply Ready Golf principles and allow other golfers to play through as appropriate, inviting the following group through when searching for lost balls or when you have lost ground with the group in front.
- Follow established golf etiquette respecting the course, such as; repairing pitch marks, replacing divots and raking bunkers.
- Conduct themselves in a sporting manner and demonstrate fair play both on and off the course.
- Respect employees, officials and fellow players at all times both on and off the course.
- Play safely and do not display or indulge in aggressive or reckless behaviour.
- Adhere to the dress code appropriate to the course, (Note; the dress code applies to all practice areas except the driving range).
- Switch mobile phones to silent on the golf course.
In and around the Clubhouse:
Members and visitors are reminded that:
- Consumption of excessive quantities of alcohol is not permitted. Please do not be offended if service is refused.
- Smoking or the use of e-cigarettes is not permitted within any of the Club buildings or on the terrace immediately in front of the Lounge and entrance.
- Consideration towards others is required when using your mobile phone. Calls should be made and taken in the foyer or outside away from others.
- Adhere to the dress code appropriate to the Club house and its outside seating area.
Any person engaging in any behaviour, both within the club and course and via social media, considered unacceptable or detrimental to the game of golf and/or to the reputation of Middlesbrough Golf Club should be reported to the Club Captain(s) or other Club officials who will report the incident to the Secretary for processing under the Club Rules Complaints schedule.